Alka Seltzer Original
Friday, 23 February 2024
Experience fast, effective relief from acidity, heartburn, and indigestion with Alka-Seltzer Original. This time-tested formula is your go-to for combating digestive discomfort. Convenient on-the-go solution for sudden symptoms. Acidity relief now made effortless with Alka-Seltzer Original, your trusted companion for stomach ailments.
How to use
- Always dissolve Alka-Seltzer Original in at least 4 ounces of water before ingesting.
- Take 2 tablets every 4 hours as needed, or as directed by a doctor.
- Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours.
- Adults and children 12 years and over should use this dosage.
- The tablets should not been chewed or swallowed whole.
- Always consult with a healthcare professional if symptoms persist.
- Aspirin, Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid
Side Effects & Cautions
- Allergic reaction: Seek immediate medical attention if you notice symptoms of allergic reactions such as chest tightness, itchy rash, swelling of face or lips, or difficulty breathing.
- Stomach bleeding: Alka-Seltzer Original may cause stomach or intestinal bleeding. Individuals with a history of stomach ulcers or bleeding issues should use with caution.
- Sodium content: The supplement is high in sodium which may aggravate conditions like hypertension, heart disease or kidney problems.
- Alcohol Interaction: Avoid alcohol as it can increase risk of stomach bleeding.
- Reye's syndrome: Do not give Alka Seltzer Original to children or teenagers with chickenpox or symptoms of the flu as it may lead to Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- Drug Interactions: May interact with other medicines like blood thinners, corticosteroids or NSAIDs. Consult with your doctor if you are on any medication.
- Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
- Do not use if allergic to any of its components.
- Avoid long-term use.
- Consult a doctor before use if you have high blood pressure, heart disease, kidney disease, or are on a sodium-restricted diet.
- It can cause stomach bleeding, stop use and seek immediate medical attention if this occurs.
- Not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- Avoid concurrent use with other medications containing aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a healthcare professional before use.
- Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if an allergic reaction occurs, pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days, or new symptoms occur.